Monday, June 23, 2008

Welcome to Summer!

Hello and Welcome to Summer 2008!

















The last few weeks have been crazy. Evan finished soccer, started baseball, had kindergarten graduation, and my last day at Union Central. Today begins my 3rd week as a "Stay at home Mom", or as I've titled myself- "House Executive". I did drop my MBA credentials from behind my name though! :)

I have just completed Evan's registration paperwork for first grade. It was emotional for 2 reasons: 1. My son is really going to first grade- wow - the time really does fly! and 2. I had to put N/A when it asks for Mothers occupation, place of employment, work phone, etc. That was really strange for me and it really made me think of how I identify myself now. Now, before you start sending me careerbuilder links to jobs, let me clarify. I do NOT regret my decision to stay home. I feel so thankful and blessed to do this, but it is taking some getting used to. I miss my adult connections and my friends from work. I recently joined the Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association to keep myself abreast with HR changes and also for networking. I'm also keeping my SHRM membership up to date. So yes... you might say I'm having a little trouble letting go of my professional side. I think that is understandable when you have been working for 11 years in a profession you love.

Back on the home front- our summer is going really well- the days are flying by. I'm busy with Evan and Emily, and I'm also watching Evan's friend Alex for the summer. He and Evan play so well together and it keeps Evan entertained. I'm lucky- they are great kids. Emily is a roly-poly baby. She is round but she is able to roll herself wherever she wants to be. She sits up for a few seconds, then falls over. She is adorable and smiles all the time!

Here's a few pics from our summer and our visit to Canton.

The family at graduation















Jameson, Dylan and Emily
















Big Brother Carter

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the pics. Emily is so roly poly and I can't believe how big Evan is getting. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying your time at home. I'm jealous. I see you know another Jameson. How adorable.

thethornburyfamily said...

Hey! It's Julie Copley, now Thornbury. I saw a comment you left on Kerri's blog and thought I'd look you up. It's so funny how you get on one person's blog and find all kinds of people. Your family is beautiful. I just had my first baby in May. I have a blog myself. It is www.thethornburys.blogspot.com Check out my sweet little girl. I need to post some new pictures. Keep in touch!
Julie